I want to eat locally all month long, but pick up only happens once a month. What can I do?
- Buy in bulk! Most of our products (meats, grains, tofu, baked goods, etc.) can be stored in a freezer for extended periods.
Why can’t I pay online with my credit card?
- Often times products priced per pound(e.g. cuts of meat) have a range of weights available. Though we list the highest price in the storefront, it is likely that you will be charged less at the time of pickup, corresponding to a smaller product within that weight range. You will never be charged more than your online total.
Money is tight, do I have to make a purchase every month?
- You may order as frequently as you like! Registering involves no fee or purchase commitment.
I’m a college student, why should I utilize Grinnell Local Food Source?
- Eating locally can be difficult. Grinnell Local Food Source provides the convenience of ordering online and picking up your purchases at a location close to campus.
How does distribution work?
- On the second Monday of each month, the storefront opens for online ordering. On the third Monday of each month customers may pick up their orders from 4:30-6pm at the Presbyterian Church in Grinnell(1025 5th Avenue). You can pay with cash or a check.
Does distribution happen in the winter?
- Yes, we distribute year-round.
I’m interested in producing, what should I do?
- Send an email to email@example.com describing your business and products.
I’d like to order, but I can’t pick up between 4:30-6:00 on Mondays. What should I do?
- If you can arrange for someone else to pick up your order, that’s perfectly fine!Just give them cash or a signed check so they can pay for your order.