- The Grinnell Local Food Source (GLFS) facilitates direct sales between local producers and customers as a "pass through service." At no point does GLFS take ownership over goods sold by producers to customers. GLFS does not purchase producer goods and resell them to customers like a traditional retail outlet. A service charge has been added to the price of each item. Eighty-five percent of each purchase is paid directly to the producer.. GLFS producers are required to follow all state regulations with regard to direct farm sales to customers.
- When an order is submitted, the customer agrees to not hold GLFS liable for any problem associated with producer's products. GLFS does its best to guarantee the quality of producer products but ultimate responsibility lies with the producer. Customers should inform GLFS of problems with producer products.
- Customer satisfaction is our top priority! If you are unhappy with any item and wish to return it, the Grinnell Local Food Source will refund your money. If you are not totally satisfied with your product(s), please contact us within 48 hours of pick-up.
- Customer returns will be refunded by GLFS. Producers of returned items are responsible for reimbursing GLFS for the returned item.
- Each order you place is a legally enforceable contract. If you fail to pickup
your order, you are still obligated to pay for the items you order.
We will inspect and allocate all orders prior to pick-up. In the event that product
gets damaged prior to customer pick-up, we will provide a credit to the customer.
- If any items are not delivered by the producer, we will not charge for those items and will adjust the customer order accordingly.
- If any items are noticed as missing from the order after pick-up, we will either provide the missing items by a free delivery (or another mutually agreed upon arrangement) or we will provide a credit to the customer.
Our goal is to provide high quality local food to our customers. We require our producers to deliver market-grade products that meet expectations for cleanliness, packaging, food safety, and professionalism. The customer understands that since some of our farmers do not use synthetic chemicals, fruits and vegetables may not always look "perfect".
- Issues with producer items will be reported to producers and may lead to a warning. Repeated issues may result in dismissal of the producer at GLFS.